| Season 2: Episode 22|
(45 / 231 episodes)
|Air date||April 10, 1990|
|Written by||Stephen Paymer|
|Directed by||John Pasquin|
Fathers and Daughters
April Fool's Day was the 22nd episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 45th overall series episode. Written by Stephen Paymer, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on April 10, 1990.
It's tax season and Roseanne and Dan are contemplating how they can make the process easier. Dan stresses out because he cannot figure how to fill out the tax document. Roseanne tries her hand at the package, but ends up traveling to the IRS office with Dan.
- The end credits feature John Goodman (out of character) explaining to the IRS that he actually does his taxes unlike the character of Dan Conner and asks them not to mix them up. The IRS manager from the episode walks by menacingly after the scene ends.
- Roseanne (to Dan): Next year, we're starting in June.
- Dan: Next year, we ain't filing.
- Roseanne: We'll go to prison. Of course I bet you don't have to file for prison.
- Roseanne (to the IRS supervisor): People cannot figure out your forms, that's why they gotta pay $200 an hour lawyers to figure them out for them. I can't afford $200 an hour.
- Roseanne (to the IRS supervisor): I am not afraid to tell you my name. It's Wagner! (walks over to Dan who whispers in her ear) Mrs. Norris T, Wagner!