Becky's Choice was the 17th episode of Season 1 of Roseanne, also the 17th overall series episode. Directed by John Sgueglia and co-written by Laurie Gelman and David Jacobson, it first aired on ABC-TV on February 28, 1989.
Becky must decide between her first crush, Chip and the infamous "Tongue Bandit". The decision worsens when Roseanne & Dan invite Chip's parents over for a family dinner. Later on, Becky is caught with the other guy in the backyard.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Becky's first crush, Chip.
- Darlene is practicing baseball with her father and DJ. Roseanne arrives with armloads of groceries.
- Roseanne: Get your peanuts, popcorn, and all of next week's meals!
- Dan: Game over, everyone. Go help Mom. talking to Roseanne You should see Darlene, her curve ball is getting better.
- Darlene: Mom, do you think boobs will affect my pitching?
- Roseanne: Not this season.
- Becky (to Roseanne): It's none of your business.
- Roseanne: It is my business when you're out with a guy I would consider leaving your father for!
- Dan (to Roseanne): Why didn't you tell me?
- Roseanne: 'Cause there's lots of stuff I don't tell you, honey, and that's the glue that holds our little family together!
- Darlene: Do I have to get dressed up for this boring dinner?
- Roseanne: No, we're all going to be dining naked.
- Darlene: Again?
- Chip: Would you like to come to a movie with me? Bloodthirsty II is now playing.
- Becky: I heard that did not get very good ratings.
- Roseanne: Maybe not, but you saw Bloodthirsty I about a dozen times.
- [Dan is unsure after being informed about what happened the night before with Becky and Johnny Swanko]
- Dan: Who is the make-out king?
- Roseanne: You are, honey.
- Becky (to Johnny after sneaking out to the backyard to meet): My parents are cool, They don't tell me what to do.
- Roseanne (sneaks up behind Becky): Becky, get your butt in the house NOW!