| Season 3: Episode 6|
(53 / 231 episodes)
|Air date||October 23, 1990|
|Written by||Jennifer Heath & Amy Sherman|
|Directed by||John Whitesell|
Goodbye Mr. Right
Trick or Treat
Becky, Beds and Boys was the 6th episode of Season 3 of Roseanne, also the 53rd overall series episode. Written by Jennifer Heath and Amy Sherman, the episode was directed by John Whitesell. It originally aired on ABC-TV on October 23, 1990.
Becky dates a boy that her parents really don’t like- to the point that they forbid her from seeing him after they find him at a bar with a fake ID. Meanwhile, Roseanne and Dan shop for a new bed. D.J. starts repeating everything Darlene does or says to annoy her, but soon regrets it.
- This episode marks Glenn Quinn's first appearance as Becky's boyfriend Mark Healy.
- This is the first episode of "Roseanne" that has a scene before the introduction.
- Mark: You think you can stop me from seeing Becky?
- Dan: I think I can stop you from seeing tomorrow.
- Dan: Roseanne, I've been thinking. What if my manly abilities aren't the same with the new mattress?
- Roseanne: Well, you didn't have any problem when we brought home that new kitchen table.
- Dan: True!
- Roseanne (to Jackie): Now she knows that Plan A is out the window, so she's up there working on Plan B.
- Jackie: Maybe it'll be something like, "Judy's parents are Amish and they don't have a phone."
- Roseanne: Hey, I was only 11.
- Roseanne: How'd you get in here? You're only 18.
- Mark: I got a piece of paper that says I'm 21.
- Dan: How old are you when you date our daughter?
- Mark: Depends where we go.
- Darlene: In case anyone's wondering, D.J.'s head fits really well in the toilet.
- Roseanne: See, Dan, I told you he's small for his age.