Bridge Over Troubled Sonny was the 13th episode of Season 1 of Roseanne, also the 13th overall series episode. Directed by Ellen Falcon and written by Laurie Gelman, it first aired on ABC-TV on January 31, 1989.
Crystal struggles to cope with the death of her husband who is buried in the bridge that Jackie drove them over on the way to work. Roseanne struggles with the secret she knows about Sonny that she wants to tell Crystal.
Meanwhile, Darlene decides it's cool to smoke until Roseanne finds her pack of cigarettes.
- The trash can that Darlene throws her cigarette in disappears between shots.
- Roseanne asks Dan to grab some matches so they can teach Darlene about smoking. Dan doesn't grab any, but he has them when he lights Darlene's cigarette.
- Lecy Goranson can be seen standing next to the stairs instead of up them after she says hello to Crystal.
- Crystal: I've decided to quit going out with men.
- Roseanne: Don't you think that's kind of nuts?
- Crystal: No, what's nuts is going from one bad relationship to the next. (holds up her hand) This is all the man I need.
- Dan: Crystal, you're wearing your wedding ring.
- Crystal: That's right, there's a practical sense to this, it will keep men at bay and keep Sonny close to my heart.
- Jackie: What's to think about? You have to tell her that her husband cheated on her.
- Roseanne: Yeah, right, a person that happy I'm going to go up and say, "Hey Crystal, did you know your husband was a skirt junkie?"
- Jackie: You don't have to be crude about it. You can bring it up and let her figure it out for herself.
- Roseanne: Oh, sure, "Hey Crystal, you know that husband of yours, the one in the bridge? How many women besides you do you think he boinked?"
|Roseanne: Season One (Season 1)|
Life and Stuff|We're in the Money|D-I-V-O-R-C-E|Language Lessons|Radio Days|Lovers' Lane|The Memory Game|Here's to Good Friends|Dan's Birthday Bash|Saturday|Canoga Time|The Monday Thru Friday Show|Bridge Over Troubled Sonny|Father's Day|Nightmare on Oak Street|Mall Story|Becky's Choice|Slice of Life|Workin' Overtime|Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore|Death and Stuff|Dear Mom and Dad|Let's Call It Quits
|Season Episode Guides|