In the first episode of the ninth and final season of Roseanne, the Conners are separated after the big fight the end of season eight. Roseanne just sits around watching TV at Jackie's house while, back at home, Dan spends his time fixing household items.
Regretting breaking the rules and fighting with Roseanne, Dan fixes the house after the huge fight and leaves a ton of messages on Jackie's answering machine. Roseanne finds herself in front of Jackie's TV, watching notable past sitcoms like That Girl, I Dream of Jeannie, and The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Cameo appearance by Ed Asner on the latter show), eventually finding her and Dan playing the roles of Ann & Don, Mary and Lou Grant, and Jeannie and Tony. Later, Jackie convinces Roseanne that Dan and Roseanne were meant for each other and, when she is finally alone with Andy and Jerry, makes a shocking discovery about her lottery ticket after watching the lottery drawings on TV.
- Roseanne Barr Pentland Arnold Thomas as Roseanne Conner / Ann Marie / Jeannie / Mary Richards
- John Goodman as Dan Conner / Don Hollinger / Major Anthony Nelson / Lou Grant
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- An updated opening sequence debuted with a new version of the theme song, and lyrics were added. This time, it shows a picture frame of morphing images of the show's characters. For this episode only, Roseanne's full name is used.
- Despite being credited, Sarah Chalke does not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Nine|
|Season Episode Guides|