| Season 1, Episode 9|
Number (#9) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||January 3, 1989|
|Written by||Grace McKeaney|
|Directed by||Ellen Falcon|
Here's to Good Friends
Dan's Birthday Bash was the ninth episode of Roseanne, also the 9th episode of the Season 1 of the series. Directed by Ellen Falcon and written by Grace McKeaney, it originally aired on ABC-TV on January 3, 1989.
Roseanne and the kids surprise Dan with an extensive birthday breakfast. Later on in the evening, Roseanne throws Dan a party at the Lobo. During the party, Dan comes close to being violent with another guy, but is stopped by Roseanne.
Afraid that he'll look like a wimp, Dan vows to he beat up the guy the next time he sees him. Meanwhile, Becky is invited to Chip's for a dinner.
- In this episode, we learn that Dan's birthday is in January. In the season three episode PMS. I Love You, Dan celebrates his birthday in November.
- Chip's mother is seen for the first time.
- Roseanne (to Darlene): Where's your father?
- Darlene: He went out.
- Roseanne: Why?
- Darlene: Well, he got mad at Dwight and threw his hammer through the drywall.
- Roseanne: Well, it is Saturday.
- Becky (to Roseanne about having dinner at Chip's house): What if they serve me something that makes me gag, like okra?
- Roseanne: Then you spit it into your napkin and put it in your purse.
- Becky: That's gross.
- Roseanne: Not if they don't see you doing it.
- Becky (while talking to her parents about the nice dinner she had at Chip's house): ...But the dinner was awful.
- Roseanne: I don't understand that, because I made sure to give Chip's mom a list of your favorite foods. Ya know, liver, onions, cauliflower.
- Becky: Good thing I brought my big purse.
|Roseanne: Season One (Season 1)|
Life and Stuff|We're in the Money|D-I-V-O-R-C-E|Language Lessons|Radio Days|Lovers' Lane|The Memory Game|Here's to Good Friends|Dan's Birthday Bash|Saturday|Canoga Time|The Monday Thru Friday Show|Bridge Over Troubled Sonny|Father's Day|Nightmare on Oak Street|Mall Story|Becky's Choice|Slice of Life|Workin' Overtime|Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore|Death and Stuff|Dear Mom and Dad|Let's Call It Quits
|Season Episode Guides|