Dances with Darlene was the 23rd episode of Season 3 of Roseanne, also the 70th overall series episode. Written by Brad Issacs, the episode was directed by Gail Mancuso. It originally aired on ABC-TV on April 30, 1991.
Roseanne tries convincing Darlene to wear something feminine to a big school dance, but Darlene would rather attract attention for her softball skills.
- Becky's hair changes grows between this episode and "Scenes from a Barbecue." The episodes were shown out of production order.
- Roseanne's remark to Darlene where she says, "There's lots of ways of getting back at me! Maybe Becky's boyfriend has a little brother!" foreshadows her future relationship with Mark's younger brother David.
- Leon: Another day, another dollar, right, ladies?
- Roseanne: Well, I haven't counted my tips yet, but it sounds about right!
- Dan: If this Barry guy tries to hold you close, tell him you're gonna throw up!
- Darlene: I thought I'd save that for when he wanted to have sex!
- Roseanne: You know, Darlene, there's lots of ways of gettin' back at me! Maybe Becky's boyfriend has a little brother!