| Season 1, Episode 21|
Number (#21) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||April 11, 1989|
|Written by||Bill Pentland|
|Directed by||John Sgueglia|
Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Dear Mom and Dad
Death and Stuff (originally aired on ABC-TV on April 11th, 1989) was the 21st episode of of Season 1 of Roseanne, also the 21st overall series episode. The episode was written by Bill Pentland and directed by John Sgueglia,
During the Conner family's busy weekend activities, a door-to-door salesman drops by and then drops dead in their kitchen. Meanwhile, they are expecting potential buyers for the washer and dryer and the coroner is taking his time getting the body out of the Conner kitchen.
- The woman in this episode (whom with her husband that come to look at the washer and dryer that are for sale) is actress Lee Garlington who was the same woman that portrayed Karen (Darlene's older friend) who is roughly the same age as Roseanne in the season four episode "Santa Claus."
- Roseanne (as she checks the pulse of the salesman in their kitchen): Oh my God.
- Dan: What's wrong?
- Roseanne: I think he's dead is what's wrong.
- Dan: Check it again.
- Roseanne: I know how to count to zero!
- Becky: Sunday around here is death.
- Darlene: Will Dad have a third cup of coffee? (gasps)
- Becky: Will Mom get off the sofa by noon?
- Roseanne: Will you get the hell out of my house?
- Darlene (about the salesman): When's the body gonna start to rot?
- Roseanne: I think I got a few good years left.