Fathers and Daughters was the 23nd episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 46th overall series episode. Written by Kim C. Friese, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on May 1, 1990.
In an attempt to bond with their daughters, Dan goes clothes shopping with Becky while Roseanne watches basketball with Darlene.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Becky's friend Dana.
- Roseanne (to Darlene): Where you going?
- Darlene: Eh, to watch the game.
- Roseanne: On T.V.?
- Darlene: No, the Bulls and Nicks are actually coming over play in our living room. You wanna help me move the couch?
- Roseanne: Yeah! We'll put it in your mouth.
- Darlene: So did Becky, unitl he dumped her.
- Becky: He didn't dump me!!
- Darlene: Get real, you hit the ground like a safe!
- Roseanne (to Darlene): Do you think I expect more out of Becky?
- Darlene: I think you expect Becky things out of Becky, like good grades.
- Roseanne: Well, I expect good grades out of you too, I just never get 'em.
- Roseanne: Darlene, honey, do you want to take walk with me down to the store later on?
- Darlene: Gee, I'd love to Mom, but I'd rather stay home and drill some screws into my toes.
- And she ain't even married.
- Roseanne (to Jackie): How does it make you feel knowing Mom calls me all the time, and she never calls you.
- Jackie: Lucky, honored, off the hook, free, thrilled, elated, glad that she's still alive, but I don't have to talk to her.
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Inherit the Wind|The Little Sister|Guilt by Disassociation|Somebody Stole My Gal|House of Grown-Ups|Five of a Kind|BOO!|Sweet Dreams|We Gather Together|Brain-Dead Poets Society|Lobocop|No Talking|Chicken Hearts|One for the Road|An Officer and a Gentleman|Born to Be Wild|Hair|I'm Hungry|All of Me|To Tell the Truth|Fender Bender|April Fool's Day|Fathers and Daughters|Happy Birthday|
|Season episode guides|