| Season 3, Episode 2|
Number (#49) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||September 25, 1990|
|Written by||Chuck Lorre|
|Directed by||John Whitesell|
Like, a Virgin
Friends and Relatives was the 2nd episode of Season 3 of Roseanne, also the 49th overall series episode. Written by Chuck Lorre, the episode was directed by John Whitesell. It originally aired on ABC-TV on September 25, 1990.
Lending money to pal Arnie comes easily for Dan, but when he needs the money back sooner than Arnie can repay, he has trouble asking family for a loan. Jackie steps in and offers to help, but Dan refuses time after time.
- Arnie tells Roseanne in this episode that him and Nancy are getting married. In the season 2 episode "Five of a Kind," Arnie said his girlfriend's name was Sharon.
- D.J. (to Roseanne): Darlene says I'm a prevert.
- Roseanne: No, honey, you're not a prevert, you're a pervert.
- Roseanne (to Dan): Well how come it's okay to go to the bank and pay all this huge interest, but it's not okay to get it from Jackie for nothing.
- Dan: It's good business, dear.
- Becky (after complaining to Roseanne about D.J. walking in on her in the shower): Your son is sick!
- Darlene: Yeah, well, now that he saw you naked, he's probably upstairs puking his guts out.
- Darlene: I caught the little pervert trying to peep at me!
- Becky: Why?
- Arnie (about DJ): Kid's a peeper, huh? Brings back memories.
- Roseanne: You have sisters too?
- Arnie: I wish!
- Dan : And what if he can't? What do we do? Repossess?
- Roseanne : Yeah, and then we'll give them to Darlene so D.J. has something to look at!