Glenn Quinn as Mark Healy, the boyfriend of Becky Conner, Roseanne's daughter, on "Roseanne".
|Born:||May 28, 1970|
|Died:||December 3, 2002(aged 32)|
|Deathplace:||North Hollywood, California, U.S.|
In addition to his role on Roseanne, Mark was also well known for his role as Doyle, a half demon on the 1999–2004 FOX television series Angel, a spin-off series of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Quinn was born in Dublin, Ireland, and raised in both America and then again as a teenager in Ireland. As a teenager, he played drums in a rock band called Revival. He also acted in productions at small local theatres. Quinn attended Clonkeen College and moved to the Long Beach area of California in 1988 with his mother, Bernadette, and two sisters, Sonya and Louisa. His older brother, Ciaran, who lives in Dublin, Ireland, was recently reunited with his mother and two sisters. Glenn worked odd jobs at power plants, restaurants, and more before deciding to pursue his short-lived, yet established acting career.
Quinn was found dead on December 3, 2002 of a drug overdose. He was 32 years old. Police and autopsy reports revealed the cause of death to be an accidental heroin overdose. His body was found on the couch of a friend he was visiting in North Hollywood, CA.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- In addition to acting, he also co-owned a nightclub called "Goldfingers" in Los Angeles.
- In 1992 he starred alongside Charmed star Holly Marie Combs in Dr. Giggles.
- In 1991, Quinn had his first major role in a movie, Shout, which starred John Travolta and in which he shared an on-screen kiss with Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Auditioned for the role of "Brandon Walsh" and "Steve Sanders" on Beverly Hills, 90210.
- The first Angel episode produced after his death, "Long Day's Journey", was dedicated in his memory.
- Played Mark Healy, Becky Connor's boyfriend-turned-husband, on Roseanne