Guilt by Disassociation was the third episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 26th overall series episode. Written by comedian/actor Tom Arnold, who would later marry Roseanne Barr, the series' star during the show's run, it was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on September 26, 1989.
Roseanne gets her hopes up when she is referred by a friend for an office job that would allow her to quit the telemarketing job she hates. After a quick interview, she lands the job, but the celebration is short lived when the offer is revoked due to Roseanne's lack of computer knowledge.
- Jackie: Whenever I go on a job interview, I just go as me.
- Roseanne: That's why you work in a bar!
- Muriel: That's why you're not in Personnel. You can't read people.
- Roseanne (grinning): Well, I can read you and you're nuts.
- Dan: What's for dinner?
- Roseanne (looking at the empty stove): Oh my God! (walks over to the refrigerator and takes out an uncooked roast while Dan bangs silverware on the table top) Uncooked meat.
- Dan: Oooh, and I was just wormed.
- Muriel (to Roseanne): You might want to come in a little early on Monday to familiarize yourself with the computer.
- Roseanne: Oh, look! A microwave with its own organ.
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|