Hair was the 17th episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 40th overall series episode. Written by Norma Safford Vela and Danny Jacobson, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on February 6,1990.
Crystal recommends Roseanne for a job at the beauty shop that she frequents doing the same tasks that she does at home for free. Roseanne is hesitant, but after she is interviewed, she persuaded into the position by the shop owner. After a short time on the job, Roseanne is given a raise and more responsibility.
- Roseanne (to Jackie): I have reached an all time low. I quit my job at Wellman, I didn't make it in phone sales.. Got fired by some zit-faced brat at Chicken Divine, and now I'm actually going to apply for a job wherein I will make coffee, answer phones and sweep the floor.
- Jackie: Those are all things you do very, very well.
- Roseanne: Those are all things that I do at home.
- Jackie: Yeah, but you'll be getting paid for it. And besides, you might like the people, and that always make a big difference... I'm just trying to get you back out in the world again!
- Becky (to Roseanne): Susan Noonan said that her mom saw you sweeping up hair in the beauty salon.
- Roseanne: Well, you tell Susan Noonan that I saw her mom getting her roots bleached and her mustache waxed.
- Dan (to Roseanne): Hey, it's a job, right?
- Roseanne: It's a good job.
- Dan: That's what I said, it's a good job.
- Darlene: No, you didn't.
- Becky: You said, "Hey it's a job, right?"
- Dan: But I meant to say it's a good job. Good job...
- Roseanne: No, it's not a good job. It's a degrading job. Only nobody at work makes me feel like it is. That's your job.
- Darlene: Nice goin', DJ!
- DJ: What?!
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|