Roseanne and Jackie attend an exquisite luncheon where they discuss politics and other topics with Lanford's elite. Roseanne meets Edgar Wellman, son of the owner of Roseanne and Jackie's former workplace, and Edgar asks Roseanne for money to help keep Wellman Plastics open--it fell into decline after the sisters left in 1989.
Roseanne makes a surprising connection with Edgar Wellman Jr., the son of her hated former boss, at a Lanford Country Club party. When he reveals some awful news about the future of Lanford, Roseanne may be the only one who can save her hometown. Roseanne and Jackie go the luncheon at the Lanford Country Club, where they meet Edgar. It appears that the factory is in need of financial help and Roseanne's money could save the factory. Part one of a two-part episode.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner (credit only)
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner (credit only)
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- James Brolin as Edgar Wellman Jr.
- Rayford Barnes as Golf Course Manager
- Richard Derby Attwill as Barnes
- This marks the second episode, after "Pampered to a Pulp" where only two main characters appear in a episode.
- This episode features the first appearance of James Brolin (Edgar Wellman Jr.), he will appear in the following episode "Some Enchanted Merger".
- Despite being credited, John Goodman (Dan Conner), Sara Gilbert (Darlene Conner), Michael Fishman (D.J. Conner) and Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) do not appear.