| Season 1, Episode 5|
Number (#5) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||November 29, 1988|
|Written by||Laurie Gelman|
|Directed by||Ellen Falcon|
Radio Days was the fifth episode of Roseanne, also the 5th episode of the Season 1 of the series. Directed by Ellen Falcon and written by Laurie Gelman, it originally aired on ABC-TV on November 29, 1988.
When a local radio station offers a country western song writing contest, Dan digs through the trash to find Roseanne's treasure and finds one of Roseanne's poems that could be the perfect fit for the contest.
Meanwhile, Becky and Darlene fight over their room space while Booker chases down Jackie.
- Another reference is made about Roseanne's love for writing. It is shown through the poem she wrote which Dan put into a song. It's possible that this may be one of the artifacts she found when searching for her writing samples in the season 2 season finale "Happy Birthday."
- When the kids ask to hear Dan sing the song, it would seem that they hadn't heard it before even though DJ (Michael Fishman) sings along the entire time.
- [When Darlene and Becky fight over a hairbrush]
- Roseanne: The next person who uses the word "hairbrush" is getting their head shaved off bald!
- Roseanne (about Dan considering one of Roseanne's poems for the songwriting contest): I can't believe you saved it.
- Dan: Yeah, I've saved everything you've ever written. Except for a few notes on the refrigerator door.