| Season 5: Episode 2|
(99 / 231 episodes)
|Air date||September 22, 1992|
|Written by||Rob Ulin|
|Directed by||Andrew D. Weyman|
Terms of Estrangement, Part 1
The Dark Ages
Terms of Estrangement, Part 2 was the second episode of Season 5 of Roseanne, also the 99th overall series episode. Written by Dukane & Denise Moss, the episode was directed by Andrew D. Weyman. It originally aired on ABC-TV on September 22, 1992.
Becky returns home for her things, while Roseanne tries to accept Becky's marriage and tries to cheer up Dan after the loss of his bike shop.
Roseanne and Dan prepare to say goodbye to Becky when she & Mark come back to gather some belongings and head out to start their married life together.
- Toward the end of this episode, Roseanne confronts Mark about how he may have influenced Becky to marry him. Listen carefully. When Mark responds, "Becky doesn't do a damn thing she doesn't want to," Glenn Quinn's Irish accent can be detected.
- When Dan leaves his bedroom, the door is on the left side, but in the previous seasons it was on the right.
- At the end of this episode, when Roseanne is telling Mark that she would be his mother-in-law, you can see that Glenn Quinn is trying to hold back his laughter.
- Darlene: See ya, bubble butt.
- Becky: Later, Morticia.
- Mark [to Roseanne]: Hey I'm gonna take care of her. So back off.
- Roseanne: Foolish boy. You know nothing of my powers do you? See, I'm not just some royal pain in your butt anymore, I'm your mother-in-law. You think I've made your life difficult so far? Well now, I'm family and you've seen the way I treat my family.
- Mark: [to David] Hey little bro, how ya doin'?
- David: Great, except thanks to you, I'm now related to my girlfriend.
- [When Becky is moving out]
- Darlene: I love you, Becky.
- Becky: I love you too, Darlene.
- Darlene: Did you ever know that you're my hero?
- Becky: You are the wind beneath my wings.
- Roseanne [to DJ when Becky is leaving]: Your sister's leaving.
- DJ: (to Becky) See ya.
- Roseanne: I hope you know how hard that was for him.