The Little Sister was the second episode of Season two of Roseanne, also the 25th overall episode of the series. Written by Joss Whedon, it was directed by John Pasquin. It first aired on ABC-TV on September 19, 1989.
Jackie takes umbrage at Roseanne's remarks about her career ambitions when she reveals that she has enrolled in police academy. Meanwhile, Becky gets caught reading Dan's girlie magazine.
- Becky: I hate you, Darlene! (punches her in the arm)
- Darlene: Ow! You sexy thang!
- Jackie (to Roseanne): Oh, go to hell!
- Roseanne: This is hell!
- Becky (about Dan's girlie magazines): Why do men look at those magazines?
- Roseanne: Because somehow they think the women are looking back at them.
- Becky: What must their fathers say?
- Roseanne: They probably don't say much as it is, which is how a lot of those women end up in there.
- Becky: I feel bad for them.
- Roseanne: Me too.
- Jackie: People who live in glass houses shouldn't eat stones.
- Becky: Bacon is loaded with sodium, nitrates, grease and animal fat.
- Roseanne: Breakfast!
- Becky: Hey, did you know that women didn't get to vote until 1920?
- Roseanne: Yeah. And as I recall, we all voted "No."