| Season 4, Episode 8|
Number (#80) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||November 12, 1991|
|Written by||Mark Rosewater & Joel Madison|
|Directed by||Andrew D. Weyman|
Stressed to Kill
Vegas, Vegas was the eighth episode of Season 4 of Roseanne, also the 80th overall series episode. Written by Mark Rosewater and Joel Madison, the episode was directed by Andrew D. Weyman. It originally aired on ABC-TV on November 12, 1991.
When a tipsy Roseanne and Nancy show up at the night club that Wayne Newton is performing at, they unknowingly start to heckle him. When Dan tries to tell Roseanne that the real Wayne is on stage, she nearly gets them all thrown out with her sarcastic remarks.
The following day, a hungover Roseanne is set to remarry Dan in a surprise given to them by newlyweds Nancy and Arnie.
- It is revealed that Arnie's full name is Arnold Shemp Thomas. This is a play on his name in real life, Tom Arnold.
- DJ: OK, I'll go put these back in your drawer.
- Darlene: They're yours?! You slut!
- Roseanne: Marriage stinks with a capital suck!
- Wayne Newton (on a Las Vegas stage performing: an inebriated Roseanne and Nancy think he's an impersonator and start heckling him): My name is Wayne Newton.
- Roseanne: No, my name is Wayne Newton.
- Nancy: No, my name is Wayne Newton.