| Season 2, Episode 9|
Number (#32) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||November 21, 1989|
|Written by||Danny Jacobson|
|Directed by||John Pasquin|
Brain-Dead Poets Society
We Gather Together was the ninth episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 32nd overall series episode. Written by Danny Jacobson, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on November 21, 1989. Ann Wedgeworth guest stars as Audrey (Dan's Mom).
It's Thanksgiving, and the entire family gathers together including Roseanne's parents, Al and Beverly Harris, as well as Dan's parents, Ed and Audrey Connor. Once again, Bev finds herself criticizing her daughters, especially Jackie while Ed hits on Crystal.
When Dan confronts his father, things don't go well when Ed makes a disrespectful comment about him wanting Crystal. Jackie reveals her career to her mother and is met with instant disapproval.
- This marks the 2nd appearance of Al and Beverly Harris and the first appearance of Dan's mother, Audrey.
- Roseanne (looking at the eaten turkey carcass in head): How you doin' birdie? You look how I feel.
- Roseanne: Here I am, 5:00 in the morning, stuffing bread crumbs up a dead bird's butt!
- Beverly (about Jackie): What does she mean she became a police woman? How could she do something so impulsive, so wreckless, so dangerous! She could get killed or maimed! Roseanne, did you know about this?
- Roseanne: I guess so...
- Beverly: Then why didn't she tell me?
- Roseanne: I don't know, Ma. Maybe she thought you would take it back.
- Jackie: You know, I don't think I even wanna talk about it anymore! (starts sobbing)
- Roseanne: Oh, that is just what I love about our family, we don't want to talk about something, so we bring it up at the dinner table! More Turkey?! (slaps down a grotesquely carved turkey)
- Roseanne (to Jackie): And don't say a thing to Mom about you being a cop.
- Jackie: Why not?
- Roseanne: Because I don't want her dropping dead of a heart attack at the dinner table!
- Dan: Why not?