Why Jackie Becomes a Trucker was the third episode of Season 4 of Roseanne, also the 75th overall series episode. Written by Chuck Lorre, the episode was directed by Andrew D. Weyman. It originally aired on ABC-TV on October 1, 1991.
After a night out on the town drinking, Jackie awakens and is horrified to find that she has slept with Arnie. Dan invites Leon home for the weekly poker game. D.J. trades his comics for a dog and Roseanne spends all of her time trying to give the dog back to a woman with endless excuses.
- At the beginning of this episode when DJ puts the dog in the basement, the kitchen is different. Usually, there is a space between the oven and the wall, but in this episode there isn't.
- Becky: Can I have the car tonight?
- Roseanne: Where are you going?
- Becky: Mom, I'm 17 years old now, you don't have to be so overprotective.
- Roseanne: Yes, I do. I love that car.
- Jackie: I was thinking that I just lost a great guy like Gary and now he's gone for good, and I'll never be able to find another great guy. I'm 36 years old, I've got flabby arm and pelican neck, and all my houseplants are dead and no one loves me, but what difference does that make anyway because everything in my life sucks!
Roseanne: Well, that's still no excuse.
- Roseanne (while yelling at Arnie): You took advantage of my sister and for that, you must die!
- Anne-Marie: The first time I did it with Chuck, I told him I wasn't a virgin but I really was.
- Bonnie: Why the hell did you want to lie about something like that for?
- Anne-Marie: Because I didn't want him getting all smug and strutting around like he's Christopher Columbus.
- Roseanne (about Arnie): Jackie, do you remember that when all of us were in high school, every one of us took a blood oath that that man would never be given a chance to breed?
|Roseanne: Season Four|
|A Bitter Pill to Swallow|Take My Bike ... Please!|Why Jackie Becomes a Trucker|Darlene Fades to Black|Tolerate Thy Neighbor|Trick Me Up, Trick Me Down|Vegas|Vegas, Vegas|Stressed to Kill|Thanksgiving '91|Kansas City, Here We Come|Santa Claus|Bingo|The Bowling Show|The Back Story|Less is More|Breakin' Up is Hard to Do|This Old House|The Commercial Show|Therapy|Lies|Deliverance|Secrets|Don't Make Me Over|Aliens|
|Season episode guides|