| Season 1, Episode 19|
Number (#19) in series (222 episodes)
|Air date||March 14, 1989|
|Written by||Bill Pentland|
|Directed by||Ellen Falcon|
Slice of Life
Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Workin' Overtime was the 19th episode of Season 1 of Roseanne, also the 19th overall series episode. Directed by Ellen Falcon and written by Bill Pentland, Roseanne Barr's then-husband, it first aired on ABC-TV on March 14, 1989.
The group at Wellman Plastics is growing tired as Booker continues to lengthen the worker's shifts due to quotas & factory mistakes and Roseanne can't take it any longer.
When Roseanne completes another long day of work and comes home to the everyday craziness, she must escape and take a breather.
- When Roseanne calls home, we see Becky pick the telephone before it rings.
- For most of the episode, the kitchen cabinets are solid wood. When Roseanne returns home after "taking refuge" at the diner, Dan is busy scrubbing the paint spot on the carpet. If you look past Dan, you can see the cabinets are now the two-tone ones that remain for most of the series.
- Jackie: We get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
- Crystal: There's no wrong side of the bed when there's a man in it.
- Roseanne: Well, there is if he's stealin' the quilt and snoring like a big, old hog.
- Booker (to Roseanne, Jackie and Crystal as they are arguing with each other on the factory work floor): Hey, knock off the yelling in there!
- Roseanne: We're just practicing the company cheer, Booker!
- Booker: Listen up, I have an important announcement.
- Roseanne: You're a woman trapped in a man's body?
- Roseanne (to Becky): You've got to learn some responsibility. You're the oldest daughter, the second in command, you're the heiress to my throne here.
- Becky: All right, I'll go fold the royal underwear!
- Roseanne: There's more things to life than just money.
- Jackie: I know, I can't afford any of them.
- Dan (to Darlene): I thought you were kidnapped.
- Darlene: I wish I was.
- Roseanne: Well, open your bedroom window and you might get lucky.
- Dan (while on the phone ordering last-minute dinner): What d'ya want on your pizza?
- DJ: Pineapple.
- Dan: Pineapple? This ain't a luau, Don Ho.
|Roseanne: Season One (Season 1)|
Life and Stuff|We're in the Money|D-I-V-O-R-C-E|Language Lessons|Radio Days|Lovers' Lane|The Memory Game|Here's to Good Friends|Dan's Birthday Bash|Saturday|Canoga Time|The Monday Thru Friday Show|Bridge Over Troubled Sonny|Father's Day|Nightmare on Oak Street|Mall Story|Becky's Choice|Slice of Life|Workin' Overtime|Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore|Death and Stuff|Dear Mom and Dad|Let's Call It Quits
|Season Episode Guides|